Saturday 18 June 2011

View Point

There's a place in our garden that lends itself to just standing (or sitting) and staring.

Its just SO peaceful and beautiful that its easy to lose all sense of time there.

Here are a couple of pics of the spot and the view from there.

The Man (featured in a couple of the pics), father of 4 adult children, is doing early Father's Day by reading the Sunday Times - probably depressing himself beyond measure since the papers are full of Malema and his loud voiced demands for nationalising everything in sight.
And taking land without any payment (his new thing).

What is it with guys and having to read, listen to, download, the news . . . . alllll.the.time?!
I swear they think if they miss one, they will miss the end of the world or something.
One of life's great mysteries to me.

The later part of Father's Day involves son no 1 with his wife and their 2 small girls coming here for lunch and then all of us will meet the rest of the family at daughter no 2 for a family jol around the fifth birthday of the only grandson.

It should be cheerful chaos.

Here are some more shots of "the place" . . .






















































7 comments:

  1. If I had a view as beautiful...I would never get to work...I will never get anything done. I will just sit and stare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures. So cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you live in a magical place. So good to see you blogging again - I think it just becomes so much a way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! How blessed are we to be able to call this beautiful country home. Even with Malema spewing his rubbish. I didn't realise that hooli was your only grandson!(So far) Wow - dominated by girls hey... my Mom (who has 4 daughters) lucked out with even scores - 5 grandsons and 5 granddaughters x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that view! Will you share it?

    ReplyDelete