Thursday 16 June 2011

Light at the End





Scary huh!?
This is how a couple of the rooms in my home look right now for two reasons:


1. We have bought new furniture because of the alterations, so the old stuff still has to find a home.


2. And because of the leaking roof things have had to be temporarily moved out of harm's way.


Its messy and frustrating, all higgledy piggledy. I often can't access the things I need. And sometimes, in all the confusion, I don't know where things are. But there are some really good pieces of furniture there.


I couldn't help thinking it is a picture of what's going on in my head. There's a lot of good stuff in there, but its in a mess, difficult to access and I often am not even sure what's there!


Anyone who has been reading Allie Chilling for any length of time will know that I have travelled this road, on and off, for ages. However I do feel that this time I am going to find a way through this - and this is why:


www.MyCube4Change.com - It gives handles on so much more than just my issues. Check it out for yourself.


I am signing up with them and plan to share the process on this blog over the next while - I have painted a fairly detailed picture of my frustrations to make a starting place for this process so I can track it.


Join me if you like, I welcome the company.


PS: The roof guy came late today: he says there is hope for the roof but we have to wait for good weather. So that will be at least 4 more days with buckets and towels.


We can do that!


3 comments:

  1. LOL! My house looks in a similar mess with Wynand and Nadia and all their belongings at our home. I think I should take a pic of my lounge, garage and lapa and do a post on it. Chaos reigns...and my upside down house does have a profound impact on my head. It usually gets messed up when my house is in a mess. Strongs my friend...this too will come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Will be great to do this together. So interesting to find ourselves is the same place yet so different at the same time??? does that even make sense. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know if you saw my offer to 'come over the hill and enable you gals'. I'll help you get started.

    ReplyDelete