Monday 4 July 2011

Wass That?!

Don't laugh but a week ago I didn't know what this was:
I knew was that it was worn on the head but how that worked - hmmm. . . ?

Oddly, the woman in the funny little shop didnt know how it worked either.

When I tried to put it on, hatlike, she looked doubtfully at me, finger on her chin: "No-o, I don't think thats right. But I can't remember how it works."

Then she brightened right up: "Let me just run next door. She knows how to put it on."

The joys of small-town living.

She returned quickly with 'next door' in tow who quickly put us straight.


"You pull the whole thing over your head and pull up the back part to make a hood"
O-h-h-h. Nifty, very nifty.


I was flippin glad I had this when I went for a walk this evening

It was freeeezing -

The south easter is not someting to trifle with at this time of the year

Winter is biting hard suddenly.


4 comments:

  1. Gosh, winter is very hard this year up on the Highveld. It looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahahaa! Clearly - you have never lived in the northern hemisphere. I know it as a "balascarfa" Nifty name, no? My friend in the UK started a small business selling these - and came up with Balascarfa for the brand name.
    @MelB - seeriaas? You want one? I'll get my friend to post you one... name the colour x

    ReplyDelete